Monday, May 19, 2014

Linear vs. Non Linear Time





Title: Evil-Natured

I worked on the sound clip before shooting the video. I edited it through Premiere from the original sound piece (the opening of Beethoven’s Für Elise played using Garageband on the laptop). The sound piece itself has linear and non linear parts. For the linear part, I made it darker and darker as the time goes. I repeated twice the beginning part which is relatively brighter for making this clip non linear. 

This progressively dark and deep sound piece brought me the image of the scene of the underwater. Therefore, I made the story board about a child playing with a rubber duck but then torturing it. The story is based on the theory that human nature is fundamentally evil. With the sound piece, I repeated the starting scene as well. 


<Rough story board>


The video is shot by a waterproof camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment